Cassie, Graduate Student



Instructor, Grad Student

            I used to be a competitive gymnast, so I was used to workouts that worked your entire body. Later, I was in a car accident that left me unable to compete in athletics at the level that I once was. Ten years went by, and I began to develop chronic knee and back pain from the accident, as well as a slower, less active lifestyle.

            Throughout college, I tried any and all athletic/training courses: kickboxing, swimming, running, spinning, yoga, pilates - you name it; I took it. I was trying to get back into shape, and lose weight, but I never really found something that I could do that worked my entire body.

            After hearing about Crossfit, my scientist’s-mind kicked-in, and I wanted to take measurements of my body to get some baseline data, so that I could really determine the effectiveness of crossfit. I was desperate, and a bit skeptical. I was amazed to not only see results on my body, especially in those “trouble spots”, but also an increase in energy level, and mental alertness. Also, I gained insight into healthy diet choices, and began to experience some unexpected results: my knees don’t hurt (I can actually run again), my back doesn’t hurt from the car accident all the time like it did before, I have less frequent headaches, and I am setting physical goals for myself that I never would have imagined I would be able to contemplate. I have actually registered for the Reno-Tahoe Odyssey, and am also riding 340 miles on my bike for the Nor-Cal AIDS Ride.

            Battleborn Crossfit has amazing trainers. The other members are non-intimidating, every-day people. They’re not beef-heads, and they offer a lot of encouragement for me to get out of bed every day and push my hardest. I sincerely want to say thank you to Alena, and everyone at Battleborn Crossfit for giving me my life back. THANK YOU!  

No comments:

Post a Comment